Smoke, Fire, and Egress doors play a key role in building safety. To help protect property and save lives, these doors must operate when called upon. Overhead Door Company of NE Kansas Door Services’ FireCheck ® Program is designed to assist facility owners and tenants in their legal obligation to maintain openings in compliance with IBC, IFC, NFPA 80, NFPA 101 & NFPA 105 codes.
The inspection consists of five parts:
- Pre-inspection coordination meeting
- The facility opening survey
- Visual inspection
- Functional test
- Component inspection
- Opening deficiency summary
- Written opening inspection report
- Annual re-inspection for continued code compliance
The Benefits of the FireCheck ® program include:
- Inspection of all fire doors to meet NFPA 80 requirements
- Priority scheduling and discounted rates on all service calls
- AHJ and JCAHO compliant report format
- Visual identification of openings with bar code label option
- Inspection of principle egress doors to meet NFPA 101 requirements
Overhead Door Company of NE Kansas Door Services’ Fire Door Drop Testing (FDDT) Program ensures proper performance of Rolling and Sliding Fire Rated Doors during an emergency. The FDDT Program is designed to assist facility owners and tenants in complying with NFPA 80.
Recognizing the need to create more awareness regarding the value of conducting annual fire door drop tests, the IDA has created a video release complete with firemen, a fire truck, and a fire door drop test. IDA director, Dan Beckley serves as the spokesperson for IDA as he is interviewed by Industry Vision’s newscaster, Allyn Mark.